* 2 cups shredded zucchini (approximately 2 medium zucchini)
* 1 tsp. kosher salt
* 1 large egg
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 1/4 cup chopped scallions (white and light green parts)
* 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
* 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Wrap shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze to wring out
as much moisture as you can.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine zucchini and remaining ingredients,
except olive oil.
3. Heat olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan) in a large skillet over
4. When pan is hot, add about 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture to the pan,
flattening with the back of a fork.
5. Repeat to make three more pancakes in the pan, making sure the pan is
not too overcrowded (there should be space between the pancakes).
6. Fry until golden brown on the edges. Flip and fry on the other side until
7. Remove pancakes to a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb the excess oil.
8. Continue frying pancakes until all of the batters is used up.
Makes 8-10 zucchini pancakes.