Vegetarian Cuban Sandwich
* 4 (8-inch) long pieces French bread, halved lengthwise
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1 teaspoon Chipotle nonfat sour cream
* 1 roasted red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
* 4 oyster mushrooms, marinated and cooked (Sauteed)
* 1 handful lightly sauteed spinach
* 2 teaspoons nicoise olives, pitted and thinly sliced
* 4 thin slices low-fat white cheddar cheese
* 1 dill pickle thinly sliced lengthwise into long, fat (broad) slices
Heat a griddle (or use a sandwich press) or cast-iron skillet to very hot.
Spread the mustard and sour cream on the top halves. On the bottom halves
layer the roasted pepper, mushrooms, spinach, olives, cheese and pickle.
Cover with the top halves, and wrap each sandwich tightly in aluminum foil.
Place these sandwiches on the griddle or skillet, and then place a heavy
skillet on top; try to distribute the weight evenly over the sandwiches. (You
can even use a brick to do this!) Cook 3 to 5 minutes, pressing down
occasionally to flatten the sandwiches. Serve immediately
Makes 4 Servings
Chicken is one of America's favorite foods and many different
dishes can be created with Chicken! With this collection of
Chicken Recipes you're sure to find something everyone in your
family will like!
"With Delicous Cajun Recipes You Get All Your
Favorite Cajun And Creole Recipes, If You Like Hot
And Spicy Food Then Delicious Cajun Recipes Is
For You..." Product Details