* 12 ounces water- or vacuum-packed extra-firm tofu
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
* 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
* 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
* 8 corn tortillas (6 in. diameter)
* About 1 cup tomato salsa
* About 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
1. Rinse tofu, drain in a colander for about 5 minutes, then pat dry with
paper towels. Cut into 1-inch cubes and lightly blot with more paper towels.
2. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder,
and cayenne. Add tofu and mix gently to coat cubes completely. Let stand 5
to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix cabbage with vinegar. Stack tortillas and
enclose in plastic wrap.
4. Thread tofu cubes equally onto four 8-inch wooden skewers (see notes).
Set a 12-inch nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot,
lay skewers in pan and turn as needed to brown tofu on all sides, 5 to 6
minutes total. Transfer to a serving platter. Mound cabbage mixture
5. Heat tortillas in a microwave oven at full power (100%) until hot and
steamy, 30 to 45 seconds. Wrap in a towel. Serve with tofu and cabbage,
salsa, and sour cream. Eat taco style, filling tortillas as desired.
Makes 4 Servings