* Canola oil for frying
* 1/4 cup flour
* About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
* 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
* 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
* 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
1. Preheat oven to 200°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. oil until it
registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer.
2. Meanwhile, mix flour with 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and
panko in separate shallow plates. Dip avocado in flour, shaking off excess.
Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set on 2 plates in a single layer.
3. Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60
seconds. Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in
oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Info Per Serving:
Calories: 271 (70% from fat)
Fat: 21g (sat 2.6)
Are you a chili lover? If you are, then you are going to love 600
Recipes For Chili Lovers! Inside you'll find every imaginable
version of chili. There's chilies with beans and without, with
meat and without, vegetarian chilies, and low-fat variations on
the classic dish that so many Americans love. Product Details